Regulatory Advice

Staying Connected

The Staying Connected Energy Consumer Checklist is a document produced by Consumer Focus that contains the key information that energy consumers need to know in order to get, and stay, connected to their energy supply.

To find out more, visit

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice consumer service provide free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues and can be consulted at any point during a complaint. Visit or call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 040 506.

Priority Services Register

We are dedicated to providing extra help to our most vulnerable customers to make managing their account with us that much simpler.

You may be eligible to join our Priority Services Register (PSR) if you, or a member of your household are:

  • Disabled
  • Over 65 years
  • Chronically sick

This confidential service allows us to see which of our customers require specific services to help manage their account and remain on supply.

Once on this register, we can:

  • Nominate a friend of family member to act on your behalf
  • Arrange for someone to attend your property to read your meters free of charge
  • Arrange for your meter to be moved for ease of access, if your meter is in an inaccessible location
  • Supply large print or braille correspondence if you have sight problems
  • Contact you if we see your supply has gone off and you require a constant supply due to a medical condition - *Please note in order for this service to be applicable you will need to have a smart meter installed within your home*

To find out more about the PSR and how you can be included, please contact us on 03303 337 441.

Apply for the Priority Services Register

Please be aware, your water supplier might also have this type of register. For more information, please contact them directly.

Need more advice?

Debt Problems

If you are looking for impartial advice on debt, StepChange Debt Charity provides free debt management and insolvency solutions.

If you're struggling with debt, or would like more information and tailored advice on your debt problem, you can contact StepChange directly on freephone 0800 1381 111.

Not sure if you have a debt problem? Take StepChange's quick online test here

If you are still unable to pay and you are on income support, job seekers allowance, pension credit or employment and support allowance you might be eligible for the Fuel Direct Scheme.

Gas Emergencies

What to do if you smell gas:

  • Do not turn any electrical switches on or off
  • Do not use matches or naked flames
  • Open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
  • If possible turn off the gas supply to the meter
  • Do not use mobile phones

Call National Gas Emergency Number on 0800 111 999.

Get a quote & switch